Skip to main content

Polka Cafe Collection

Along with maintaining my own blog I also freelance for this really cool and informative website called Polka Cafe. I have been writing for them for more than a year now and it's been a blast.

Here is a list of the blog posts/listicles that I've written so far. You can find my profile here: Anushree Tricannad for Polka Cafe.

Check it out.
http://www.polkacafe.com/trip-to-chikmagalur-on-a-budget-3511.html

http://www.polkacafe.com/things-to-do-in-gokarna-3058.html
http://www.polkacafe.com/popular-sri-lankan-snacks-and-beverages-3016.html
http://www.polkacafe.com/sri-lankan-cuisine-2724.html

http://www.polkacafe.com/must-try-food-and-drinks-in-bali-2645.html
http://www.polkacafe.com/old-school-sweet-shops-in-bangalore-2528.html




HAPPY READING!




                                       


                                         

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Soya Chunks Broccoli Curry | Soya Chunks Curry Recipe | Indian Recipe

Soya Chunks  Broccoli Curry  | Soya Chunks Curry Recipe | Indian Recipe I attribute my varied palate to my Appa and Amma and no one else. Although South-Indian, growing up I was exposed to so many cuisines and I am not talking about, "just in restaurants". I am talking about "in Amma's kitchen". She wasn't just the Idli-Dosa kinda mom. She always ensured that she cooked up a different storm in the kitchen everyday and for that, I cannot be more thankful. Way before this whole "vegan" thing came into existence, she introduced me to Soya Chunks. We did eat non-veg at home but not everyday. That's when the humble Soya Chunks/ Soya Nuggets come to the rescue. The texture and taste (according to me) are nothing when compared to chicken but there is something about these nuggets that strike a chord with my palate.  Soya chunks especially when cooked in a curry form absorb water and spices. You take one bite and you realize ho...

A New Blogger

Well,my last blog was in 2008 and it might be a little stupid and a little immature.Blogging seems to be a fun hobby since it involves lot of writing which can range from total crappy to super interesting.I'm still thinking where I should start off and it will take me some time to come up with some topic I would actually LOVE talking bout! :) Till then TOODLES :D

Bhindi Recipe | Bhindi Fry | Bhindi Fry Recipe | Indian Recipe | Lady Finger

Okra/ Bhindi/ Ladies Finger happens to be one of my favourite green vegetables. I like devouring it in two particular forms only: The Bhindi fry made by my Amma and the other one in it's crispy, crunchy form. Yesterday, I decided to prepare the latter for a dear friend's birthday. It turned out alright-ish and was eaten as a starter and was also used as seasoning for the creamy mushroom pasta (Haha!). Here is the recipe for everyone's benefit. BHINDI FRY| BHINDI RECIPE | BHINDI FRY RECIPE |  INDIAN RECIPE Preparation Time: 15 minutes (Approx.) Cook Time: 15 minutes  (Approx.) Things you will need: 250g Okra/Bhindi/Lady Finger Chilli Powder Salt Cumin Powder Turmeric Powder Corn Flour/ Chickpea Flour Olive Oil Garam Masala/Chaat Masala Bowl Mustard Seeds Ginger-Garlic Paste Kitchen Towel/Paper Napkins Preparation Steps 1. Wash the Bhindi/Lady Finger under cold running water. Use a kitchen towel or paper napkins to pat them dry such that t...