Skip to main content

Microwave Cooking- Veggie Omlette

As you all know, I am a die-hard fan of food and all things food related. I even have food dreams sometimes. If you are following my Insta or Snapchat stories, I've been posting a few gym gimmicks off-late. At 25, I am making a conscious effort to move towards a healthier, more fit life. Eat wholesome and healthy yet Eat yummy. (IT IS POSSIBLE!)

A rigorous workout at the gym is always followed by plenty of water and a good snack. 
I, unfortunately have no access to a cooking stove as of now therefore I do all my cooking in a microwave safe dish (WHAT A LIFESAVER!!!). It does get restricting at times but I manage.

Last evening, I was craving egg and I had some veggies lying in the fridge that needed to be finished. So, I decided to whip up my version of a tummy-filling Veggie Omelette

Here is the recipe:

Prep Time: 15 minutes (Approx.)
Cook Time: 3 minutes (Approx.)

Preparation
I used Carrots and French Beans but one can use other veggies like Onions, Tomatoes, Broccoli, Capsicum, Green Chilies etc. (The more, the better!)
First wash the veggies in cold, running water.
Pat them dry with a kitchen towel or you can air-dry them as well.
Slice the veggies, anyway that you like them. 
Put them aside in a microwave safe bowl. Add boiling water to the bowl with some salt. 
Place this bowl of veggies in the Microwave at "High" and let it cook for about 12 minutes.

In another microwave safe bowl, mix the eggs. (I used a couple of eggs for my Omelette).
Add salt, pepper, chili flakes and any other spice, according to your taste buds.

Once the veggies are cooked drain out the water from Bowl 1. I added Maggie Extra Hot Chili sauce to my veggies and that gave it a spicy flavor. 
Take the mixed egg from Bowl 2 and mix it with the veggies in Bow 1.

The Veggie Omelette is now ready to be cooked. 

Cook Time
Place the egg and veggie mix in the microwave for around 3 minutes until the egg is cooked entirely.

Your Veggie Omelette is now ready to be eaten.

You can eat it with a couple of slices of bread or even by itself. I was personally very happy with this creation because it was tasty, filling and healthy!

Hope you guys like it too!


Here are a few pictures:
The omelette is square because I used a square shaped dish!


                                

                                 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Travel Post #5 : 10 BALINESE DELIGHTS TO STIMULATE YOUR TASTE BUDS

Bali is an Indonesian island known for its pristine beaches , beautiful temples and street food. There are a host of Indonesian delicacies that one would come across while walking along any road in this beautiful island. The food they serve in these small eateries ( “Warungs”) looks tempting and is too difficult to resist. Since the Indonesian Rupaiah runs in lakhs don’t be surprised if you are asked to pay up two lakh rupees for a simple dish. On my recent trip to Bali I ended up gorging on authentic Balinese/Indonesian cuisine ; right from street vendors to fancy hotels. The best part is they customize their non-veg dishes to suit the vegetarian palate too. Here are a few items that I devoured on the trip and absolutely loved. 1) Bakso This is a traditional Indonesian delicacy and one of the most popular ones. You will find plenty of street vendors selling Bakso along the streets of Bali. It is an eclectic mix of  tangy,spicy soup, meat balls, wontons, tofu and noodles. The

Soya Chunks Broccoli Curry | Soya Chunks Curry Recipe | Indian Recipe

Soya Chunks  Broccoli Curry  | Soya Chunks Curry Recipe | Indian Recipe I attribute my varied palate to my Appa and Amma and no one else. Although South-Indian, growing up I was exposed to so many cuisines and I am not talking about, "just in restaurants". I am talking about "in Amma's kitchen". She wasn't just the Idli-Dosa kinda mom. She always ensured that she cooked up a different storm in the kitchen everyday and for that, I cannot be more thankful. Way before this whole "vegan" thing came into existence, she introduced me to Soya Chunks. We did eat non-veg at home but not everyday. That's when the humble Soya Chunks/ Soya Nuggets come to the rescue. The texture and taste (according to me) are nothing when compared to chicken but there is something about these nuggets that strike a chord with my palate.  Soya chunks especially when cooked in a curry form absorb water and spices. You take one bite and you realize ho

A New Blogger

Well,my last blog was in 2008 and it might be a little stupid and a little immature.Blogging seems to be a fun hobby since it involves lot of writing which can range from total crappy to super interesting.I'm still thinking where I should start off and it will take me some time to come up with some topic I would actually LOVE talking bout! :) Till then TOODLES :D