Skip to main content

Hummus | Hummus Recipe | Carrot Hummus | Carrot Humus Recipe

Hummus | Carrot Hummus | Carrot Hummus Recipe

Anyone who loves Middle Eastern cuisine will and should know about the humble HUMMUS.
For us Indians, we'd probably know it as simple Chickpea Paste or Chana Paste. No Big Deal.

I did not know they made different flavours of HUMMUS until one day I stumbled upon a picture that had featured CARROT HUMMUS (YUM!).

I instantly glued myself to my laptop and ran through many tabs titled  Carrot Hummus or Carrot Humus Recipe or #carrothummus and I was pleasantly surprised and hungry! Most people online roasted the carrots in an oven. Unfortunately, I couldn't do the same due to lack of an oven in my kitchen. 

So here's my version of the delicious and "goes-with-most-breads" Carrot Hummus | Hummus.


Hummus | Hummus Recipe | Carrot Hummus | Carrot Humus Recipe

WHAT YOU NEED FOR CARROT HUMMUS 

1) One cup of chickpeas (washed, soaked over night and pressure cooked with salt and water)
2) 2-3 carrots (washed, boiled and chopped)
3) Chopped Garlic
4) Olive Oil
5) Garlic
6) Lemon Juice
6) Salt & Pepper (to taste)
7) Water

How to make Carrot Hummus | Hummus | Simple Carrot Hummus

1️⃣ Heat 2 Tbsp. olive oil in a saucepan over medium flame.
2️⃣ Add carrots, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until carrots are tender for 6–8 minutes. 
3️⃣ Add chickpeas, cook, stirring occasionally, until carrots are completely tender, for about 5 minutes. Allow to cool slightly.
4️⃣ Transfer the carrots-chickpeas mixture to a blender and add garlic, lemon juice, and 4 Tbsp. oil; blend until smooth. You can add water based on the consistency of the Carrot Hummus that you prefer
5️⃣ Season with salt, pepper, herbs and other seasoning

Super delicious Hummus | Carrot Hummus can be eaten with pita, bread, wholemeal wraps or even chapathi (Indian wheat flat bread).



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Travel Post #5 : 10 BALINESE DELIGHTS TO STIMULATE YOUR TASTE BUDS

Bali is an Indonesian island known for its pristine beaches , beautiful temples and street food. There are a host of Indonesian delicacies that one would come across while walking along any road in this beautiful island. The food they serve in these small eateries ( “Warungs”) looks tempting and is too difficult to resist. Since the Indonesian Rupaiah runs in lakhs don’t be surprised if you are asked to pay up two lakh rupees for a simple dish. On my recent trip to Bali I ended up gorging on authentic Balinese/Indonesian cuisine ; right from street vendors to fancy hotels. The best part is they customize their non-veg dishes to suit the vegetarian palate too. Here are a few items that I devoured on the trip and absolutely loved. 1) Bakso This is a traditional Indonesian delicacy and one of the most popular ones. You will find plenty of street vendors selling Bakso along the streets of Bali. It is an eclectic mix of  tangy,spicy soup, meat balls, wontons, tofu and noodles. The

Soya Chunks Broccoli Curry | Soya Chunks Curry Recipe | Indian Recipe

Soya Chunks  Broccoli Curry  | Soya Chunks Curry Recipe | Indian Recipe I attribute my varied palate to my Appa and Amma and no one else. Although South-Indian, growing up I was exposed to so many cuisines and I am not talking about, "just in restaurants". I am talking about "in Amma's kitchen". She wasn't just the Idli-Dosa kinda mom. She always ensured that she cooked up a different storm in the kitchen everyday and for that, I cannot be more thankful. Way before this whole "vegan" thing came into existence, she introduced me to Soya Chunks. We did eat non-veg at home but not everyday. That's when the humble Soya Chunks/ Soya Nuggets come to the rescue. The texture and taste (according to me) are nothing when compared to chicken but there is something about these nuggets that strike a chord with my palate.  Soya chunks especially when cooked in a curry form absorb water and spices. You take one bite and you realize ho

A New Blogger

Well,my last blog was in 2008 and it might be a little stupid and a little immature.Blogging seems to be a fun hobby since it involves lot of writing which can range from total crappy to super interesting.I'm still thinking where I should start off and it will take me some time to come up with some topic I would actually LOVE talking bout! :) Till then TOODLES :D