Skip to main content

Food Lovers Paradise

Well well well
Indians are suppose to be the biggest foodies you can find.And the UAE is a treat for food lovers.There is a wide variety of options to choose from for people from any continent.There is not a single type of cuisine that Dubai DOESN'T cater to.
You will find atleat 10 restaurants in one street alone which include Indian,Lebanese,French and so on.There are many cafés and pâtisseries along every street there.
Talking about the local Arab cuisine,it is lip-smacking,thoroughly delicious.
My favourite dish happens to be Shawarma which is meat( preferably chicken) rolled in pita bread and then there is Za'atar, a blend of herbs, sesame and salt best eaten with Kubus( Arabic bread).
From what I've observed Arabs love CHICKEN.anytime.anywhere.


For vegetarians Falafel works as an amazing starter.It is a deep-fried ball or patty made from ground chickpeas and/or fava beans.Its crispy on the outside and something you would love to much on.
The best part of Arabic cuisine are their mouth watering salads.( Oh! don't be surprised I actually ate a lot of that slurpilicious stuff) It's a perfect blend of fresh juicy vegetables including green leaves and Arabian spices.Ah! how I miss it.



Then there are the usual chain of fast food joints like Pizza Hut,McDonalds,KFC,Subway etc.
Surprisingly McDonalds still has the highest takers in the food court of every mall.Even my dad couldn't resist eating the French Fries from McDonalds everytime he spotted one in the vicinity.

I also tried the grilled subs and Charley's and my my was I full or what? The sub was better than what I usually eat in Subway.The chicken was grilled to perfection and tasted extrememly good.The spices were just right and the vegetables stuffed into my bread were super fresh.




We also ate at Sangeetha in Abu Dhabi which by its name sounds Indian,well actually is Indian.We reconnected with our Indian roots binging on idli,dosa,vada etc.The best part was we got to have FILTER coffee which we had begun to miss a little bit.

And the desserts in almost every shop looked sooooo good ranging from cake to pies to croissant..


A very pretty looking GINGERBREAD house.


A MACAROON tower :)



As much I love experimenting with food it felt great getting back and eating home cooked food at my Uncles place in Dubai as well as my cousins place in Abu Dhabi.

Comments

Varun said…
You actually wrote all this? Did some kind of phd on food?
Well I do like writing..and travelling gives me the opportunity to experiment with everything :)

Popular posts from this blog

Travel Post #5 : 10 BALINESE DELIGHTS TO STIMULATE YOUR TASTE BUDS

Bali is an Indonesian island known for its pristine beaches , beautiful temples and street food. There are a host of Indonesian delicacies that one would come across while walking along any road in this beautiful island. The food they serve in these small eateries ( “Warungs”) looks tempting and is too difficult to resist. Since the Indonesian Rupaiah runs in lakhs don’t be surprised if you are asked to pay up two lakh rupees for a simple dish. On my recent trip to Bali I ended up gorging on authentic Balinese/Indonesian cuisine ; right from street vendors to fancy hotels. The best part is they customize their non-veg dishes to suit the vegetarian palate too. Here are a few items that I devoured on the trip and absolutely loved. 1) Bakso This is a traditional Indonesian delicacy and one of the most popular ones. You will find plenty of street vendors selling Bakso along the streets of Bali. It is an eclectic mix of  tangy,spicy soup, meat balls, wontons, tofu and noodles. The

Soya Chunks Broccoli Curry | Soya Chunks Curry Recipe | Indian Recipe

Soya Chunks  Broccoli Curry  | Soya Chunks Curry Recipe | Indian Recipe I attribute my varied palate to my Appa and Amma and no one else. Although South-Indian, growing up I was exposed to so many cuisines and I am not talking about, "just in restaurants". I am talking about "in Amma's kitchen". She wasn't just the Idli-Dosa kinda mom. She always ensured that she cooked up a different storm in the kitchen everyday and for that, I cannot be more thankful. Way before this whole "vegan" thing came into existence, she introduced me to Soya Chunks. We did eat non-veg at home but not everyday. That's when the humble Soya Chunks/ Soya Nuggets come to the rescue. The texture and taste (according to me) are nothing when compared to chicken but there is something about these nuggets that strike a chord with my palate.  Soya chunks especially when cooked in a curry form absorb water and spices. You take one bite and you realize ho

A New Blogger

Well,my last blog was in 2008 and it might be a little stupid and a little immature.Blogging seems to be a fun hobby since it involves lot of writing which can range from total crappy to super interesting.I'm still thinking where I should start off and it will take me some time to come up with some topic I would actually LOVE talking bout! :) Till then TOODLES :D