Skip to main content

Palak Recipe | How to make Palak| Palak Sabzi Recipe | Indian Recipe

Palak Recipe | How to make Palak| Palak Sabzi Recipe | Indian Recipe


Spinach/Palak.
Why you ask?
Because?
Popeye had tins full of spinach.


WHAT YOU NEED TO MAKE THE PALAK SABZI

  • 1 packet of spinach/palak leaves
  • Oil/Ghee
  • Jeera/Cumin Seeds
  • 3-4 garlic cloves 
  • Red Chilli Powder
  • Haldi/Turmeric Powder
  • Cumin/Jeera Powder
  • Finely chopped onions
  • Corainder/Dhaniya Powder
  • Salt

PREPS YOU NEED TO MAKE THE PALAK SABZI

  • Keep the above ingredients ready.
  • Wash the spinach thoroughly and pat them dry with a napkin. 
  • Keep aside.

ACTUALLY MAKING THE PALAK SABZI

  • Heat oil/ghee in a pan 
  • Add cumin seeds and wait for them to splutter
  • Then add finely chopped garlic cloves and wait till they turn slightly brown
  • Then add in the finely chopped onions and stir a little till they turn translucent
  • To this mixture, add red chilli powder, haldi, jeera powder and dhaniya powder and make a paste
  • Now add in the spinach leaves. Mix. 
  • Add a pinch of salt and cover the pan
  • Let everything cook for 8-10 minutes
  • Take off the lid and mix again
  • Palak is ready 
You can eat it with rice, khichdi, chapathi, roti or bread!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Soya Chunks Broccoli Curry | Soya Chunks Curry Recipe | Indian Recipe

Soya Chunks  Broccoli Curry  | Soya Chunks Curry Recipe | Indian Recipe I attribute my varied palate to my Appa and Amma and no one else. Although South-Indian, growing up I was exposed to so many cuisines and I am not talking about, "just in restaurants". I am talking about "in Amma's kitchen". She wasn't just the Idli-Dosa kinda mom. She always ensured that she cooked up a different storm in the kitchen everyday and for that, I cannot be more thankful. Way before this whole "vegan" thing came into existence, she introduced me to Soya Chunks. We did eat non-veg at home but not everyday. That's when the humble Soya Chunks/ Soya Nuggets come to the rescue. The texture and taste (according to me) are nothing when compared to chicken but there is something about these nuggets that strike a chord with my palate.  Soya chunks especially when cooked in a curry form absorb water and spices. You take one bite and you realize ho...

Street food thrives in India

Despite all the fast foods and restaurants and malls coming up here and there Indian street food will always be relished by everyone.I mean absoluteyl EVERYONE.Be it Idlis,Vadas,and dosas or vadapavs and pani puri and bhel puri.Our street food might not look hygienic but once u taste it you will always come back for more.There is a unique fragrance each dish leaves out that draws a passerby on the road to go and get a taste of whats cooking.Every road and street(galli as we call it) has its very own characteristic food STALL to have your daily doze of street khana from.  Amazingly tasty Indian capsicum with spicy red chilli powder and boiled peanuts..The perfect meal and a very cold hill station.  These farm fresh carrots caught my attention during my trip to Kodai.I tasted them and realised byt the time these carrots reach our city they lose their taste leaving us with un-juicy and dead carrots which we cannot even relish.  What can I say bout these V...

Gokarna | Gokarna Travel | Things To Do In Gokarna | Travel Post #4

I've gone to Gokarna three times in a row. 2013, 2014 and 2015 and I know the three times is most definitely going to increase to uncountable number of times. Gokarna is actually a temple town in Karnataka,India. Devout people come there only to visit the Gokarnanatha Temple in the main town and see  (dirty) Gokarna Beach. We chose to go away from the usual track and explore the beaches on the other side of town. The first time around we took a train from Bangalore (Yeshwanthpur Station) and got off at the Gokarna Road railway station. The next time we boarded a bus from Navrang Stop at Rajajinagar and got off at the Gokarna Bus Stop. The third time around we boarded the bus from the same stop as above but got off at Kumta since we decided on having a detour before heading to Gokarn (Goks as we call it). Note : I might have to include some images from the internet as my hard disk has got corrupted and I have lost a significant number of pictures :( THINGS TO DO IN GOKARNA ...